Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals, Match 55


In the 55th match of the Indian Premier League 2023, Chennai Super Kings will face Delhi Capitals at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Wednesday (May 10). The Super Kings are currently second in the table with six wins in eleven matches. In their last match, they won against arch-rivals Mumbai Indians. MI could only score 139 runs in 20 overs, losing eight wickets in the process. The Super Kings brought down the target with ease in just 17.4 overs.

The Capitals, who have won four of their ten matches, are currently bottom of the points table. However, they have won four of their last five matches. In their last match against Royal Challengers Bangalore, they scored 182 runs in just 16.4 overs and won the match by seven wickets. Philip Salt was named player of the match with 87 runs off 45 deliveries.

On IPL, the Super Kings and the Capitals have faced each other 27 times. In 17 of those encounters, the Super Kings emerged victorious, while the Capitals won the remaining 10 matches. The Capitals have won three of their last five games against the Super Kings.

Pitch Reports

In the last 15 T20 matches at Chepauk, the average first innings score has been 161 runs. The team that scores the most runs has won the last three matches at this venue this season. The pitch could provide a lot of support to both the batsmen and bowlers in this game. The pacers have taken 55% of the wickets at this venue, while the spinners have taken the remaining 45%.

Weather Report

source:- Accuweather


10 May 2023, Wed, 7:30 PM IST


MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

Leave a Comment